Friday, April 1, 2011

Eli's first birthday

Eli Thomas is 1! Eli weighs 25.4 lbs (75% percentile) and is 31 1/4 inches (75%). This is day three of complete weaning .. no bottle!  He is doing well but has been a little fussier than usual the past few days. Hopefully he will forget about the bottle soon. Eli loves all foods.. so I can't reallly pick one that is his favorite. He is on the run.. anywhere and everywhere! His new word today was an approximation of 'stinky' I was changing him saying "stinky, stinky, stinky" and he imitated it back! He has a new trick.. he can point to my nose and mouth when asked... I love it!  He is still pretty hairless.. he does a a few curls on the back of his head though!

We had Eli's first birthday at the Train Depot here in town with a jungle animal theme. I will post some pictures of his party later. He loved his cake and had chocolate all over him! We had lots of friends and family to help us celebrate.

This year has flown by...it has been mark by heart renching sadness... I remember last year at this time my dad being at the hospital when his namesake, Eli Thomas was born and coming to our house to hold him after he came home. I would have never imagined that he wouldn't be here to celebrate Eli's first birthday. We have had sorrow, but I am so thankful that God has given us joy in this year of firsts for Eli.

I look like my daddy!

What is that thing you are pointing at me?

Love to  clap

1 comment:

  1. He is so adorable!! Anna doesn't have much hair either. I'm hoping she'll learn to walk soon. I can't believe it's already been a year!

    ReplyDelete